HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Granny’s Poultry, an Award-Winning, long-standing company seeks a Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources Team in Blumenort, Manitoba. Granny’s offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits plan and a team environment! We are looking for the right person and someone who will support our afternoon and evening production group. This position requires someone to work flexible hours for example, 9:00am-5:30pm or the possibility of 2pm-10:30pm to meet production needs.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible to:
- Recruit qualified applicants for plant production and conduct orientations and new hire set up in HR systems.
- Receive position vacancies and skill requirements from hiring managers/supervisors.
- Maintain expert knowledge of Collective Agreement, and Recruitment Policies; maintain current expertise on recruitment related legislation.
- Conduct Reference Checks as required.
- Post vacancies, internally and externally, to support organizational recruitment initiatives.
- Processing new employees & maintaining employee Information.
- Ensure all those who are stakeholders, both internal and external, related to the use of employee related data, are provided with timely and accurate information to allow for the correct administration of payroll and benefits.
- Prepare employee specific reports, letters, forms, monthly statistics and other reports as required.
- Conduct labour relations investigations and work with management on progressive discipline.
- Participate in special departmental projects as required.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral) are required.
- University/College Degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Experience recruiting for various production and administrative roles minimum of 2 years.
- Experience working in a unionized environment and labour relations minimum of 2 years.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) are required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by March 27th, 2019:
Director Human Resources