- Remove slow cooker roast from box and place in a dish to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reserve the spice rub.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat. Place the roast directly on the grill skin side up over indirect or low heat and sprinkle spice rub over roast. Cook for approximately 1 hour.
- While the roast is cooking, place the cranberries, water, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, vinegar, and black pepper into a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes until cranberries are soft.
- Transfer sauce into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add mustard and chives.
- After one hour remove the roast from the barbecue and cut off netting. Remove skin from the roast, coat with glaze and return to the barbecue for an additional 30 minutes. Add more glaze after 15 minutes.
- A meat thermometer should read 170°F (77°C) when the roast is done.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright 2018 Granny's Poultry Cooperative (Manitoba) Ltd.,
All Rights Reserved