- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until roughly chopped.
- Place blended sauce in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place roast on top, then sprinkle spice rub over roast and sauce.
- Cook on low setting for 6.5 hours.
- Remove roast and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, skim froth from the top of sauce and discard liquid (approx. 1/4 cup).
- Return sauce to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place sauce in a pot and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Slice the roast and transfer to a platter. Pour sauce over roast. Serve roast with crumbled goat cheese, pine nuts and parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright 2018 Granny's Poultry Cooperative (Manitoba) Ltd.,
All Rights Reserved