- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, seasoned with salt, and brown 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In same Dutch oven, melt butter. Add onion, carrot and celery, stirring until softened. Pour in wine and cook, scraping up brown bites from bottom of the pan with wooden spoon, for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. pour in chicken stock, 1 cup at a time, whisking constantly to avoid lumps in sauce. Cook, stirring boiling and slightly thickens, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add chopped thyme. Whisk in cream and Dijon. Return chicken to sauce. Cover and simmer for about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Beat together egg, milk and parsley and stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- With two spoons, drop batter onto chicken stew. Cover and simmer on stove top for 12 to 14 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Serve immediately.
Copyright © Exceldor Cooperative, All Rights Reserved.