- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat (350°F | 175°C).
- Combine salt, ginger, Chinese 5 Spice and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Lift the skin from the chicken breasts and thighs while being careful not to tear it.
- Tuck seasoning mixture between skin and meat, spreading it around as much as possible; put any extra mixture inside the cavity.
- Rub the skin with olive oil.
- Discard 1/3 of the beer in the can and place bird over the beer can, so the cavity covers most of the beer can and the bird can stand upright.
- Roast the chicken upright on the grill for about 1 hour, over indirect heat.
- The chicken will be fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 170°F (77°C).
- Loosely tent it with foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Copyright © Exceldor Cooperative, All Rights Reserved.