- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat (375°F | 190°C).
- Combine all spice rub ingredients into a small bowl.
- Rub turkey with oil and pat spice mixture all over to coat. Place turkey skin side down on oiled grill.
- Grill turkey, without turning for 10 to 14 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 1165°F (75°C). Continue to cook 6 to 8 minutes longer.
- Let turkey cool enough to handle. Use two forks to pull breast meat apart until you have small pieces. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce and hot sauce in a medium bowl. Fold in turkey and green onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 cup (475 ml) oven-proof dish. Place dish on a baking sheet and return to the bbq on low setting.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until dip is golden and bubbly. Remove from barbecue and sprinkle with additional cheese & green onion.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Copyright © Exceldor Cooperative, All Rights Reserved.