- Preheat barbecue to medium-low (325°F | 165°C).
- Season drumstick with salt and pepper.
- Grill drumsticks over indirect heat for 60-75 minutes.
- While drumsticks are cooking, make sauce by simmering vinegar, water, cloves, pepper, chilies, and ginger in a saucepan until reduced by half. Strain the sauce, reserving the liquid.
- In a frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add reserved liquid, brown sugar, molasses, salt and lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée in a blender (if sauce is too thick, just add water).
- Coat drumsticks in Granny’s Lime Ginger Barbecue Sauce or your favourite barbecue sauce and continue cooking for 10 minutes, turning them and adding more sauce from time to time.
Copyright © Exceldor Cooperative, All Rights Reserved.