- Preheat barbecue to medium-low (325°F | 165°C) and cook drumsticks over indirect heat for 60-75 minutes.
- While drumsticks are cooking make sauce by simmering vinegar, water, cloves, pepper, chilies, and ginger in a saucepan until reduced by half. Strain the sauce, reserving the liquid.
- In a frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add reserved liquid, brown sugar, molasses, salt and lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée in a blender (if sauce is too thick, just add water).
- Coat drumsticks in Granny’s Lime Ginger Barbecue Sauce or your favourite barbecue sauce and continue cooking for 10 minutes, turning them and adding more sauce from time to time.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman.
Copyright © 2020 Exceldor Cooperative.
All Rights Reserved.