- Preheat the barbecue to high heat (400°F | 200°C).
- On the stovetop or side burner, sauté turkey, mushroom and shallots in olive oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Set aside.
- Blend pine nuts, garlic and olive oil in a food process until coarsely chopped. Add basil and pulse until basil is just chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Flour a surface and stretch each ball of the dough into a 12” circle. Place each stretched dough on a non-stick BBQ pizza pan or a preheated stone. Grill over indirect heat. Close the lid and cook for about 5-10 minutes until the underside is crisp.
- Remove each pizza crust from grill and flip dough, so crisp side is up.
- Cover each pizza crust with half of the pesto. Divide turkey mushroom mixture between the two pizzas. Top each pizza with slices of provolone.
- Return pizza to the grill and cook with the lid down over indirect heat for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright © 2020 Exceldor Cooperative
All Rights Reserved.