- In a Dutch oven, add salt ro 4 cups of water. Heat throughout and stir until salt is completely dissolved.
- Add whiskey, maple syrup, mustard, peppercorns, thyme, clove and bay leaves to the warm brine mixture. Mix well. Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, transfer the mixture to a large sealable bag or container. Add turkey drumsticks and let sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Preheat BBQ to 375°F | 190°C. Remove turkey drumsticks from brine and pat dry. Discard brine.
- On a clean grill, BBQ turkey drumsticks over indirect heat for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F | 75°C.
- Let drumsticks rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Copyright © Exceldor Cooperative, All Rights Reserved.