- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat (375°F | 190°C).
- In a deep roasting pan mix wings with garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add water until the wings are 3/4 covered.
- Loosely cover pan with foil and cook over indirect heat for 1-1.5 hours.
- While wings are cooking, sauté onion and garlic in a saucepan with olive oil until golden brown.
- Add vinegar, water, cloves, pepper, chilies, ginger, tomatoes, brown sugar, molasses and salt. Let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add lime juice and purée in a blender or food processor until smooth. If sauce is too thick add some additional water.
- Remove wings from barbecue and pour off excess juice from wings and discard.
- Add enough sauce to coat wings, return to roasting pan. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, turning the wings and adding more sauce from time to time, if required.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright 2019 Granny's Poultry Cooperative (Manitoba) Ltd.,
All Rights Reserved