- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat (375°F | 190°C).
- In a deep roasting pan mix wings with garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add water until the wings are 3/4 covered.
- Loosely cover pan with foil and cook over indirect heat for 1-1.5 hours.
- While wings are cooking, sauté onion and garlic in a saucepan with olive oil until golden brown.
- Add vinegar, water, cloves, pepper, chilies, ginger, tomatoes, brown sugar, molasses and salt. Let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add lime juice and purée in a blender or food processor until smooth. If sauce is too thick add some additional water.
- Remove wings from barbecue and pour off excess juice from wings and discard.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright 2019 Granny's Poultry Cooperative (Manitoba) Ltd.,
All Rights Reserved